Friday is here! Fridays are a special time in the summer for us because with our businesses for about 8 months of the year we are pretty busy with work for at least 1, if not 2 of the days on the weekend so I'm savoring the slow weekend summer weekends while I can!
We have our big family vacation next week so I'll be busy packing and gathering things for our super long flight (+10 hours..yyiiiikkkesss) I do feel like no matter how early I start packing I am always up late the night before ha.
We've dealt with my oldest getting the stomach bug and a fever this week so I'm so happy that he's getting over that before we leave ((and praying his little bro doesn't get it!!)) I feel like sicknesses always seem to go around right before big trips!! Does this happen to anyone else? Lol. Also...mother nature has thrown us a curve ball with this massive hurricane hitting Hawaii. Hopefully all is well and Hawaii doesn't get hit as bad as what they say might happen.
Regardless..the Preperation MUST go on. I will definitely be sharing some of the items that I'm bringing along, as well as items to stay organized AND what I'm bringing for the boys to stay occupied for 10+ hours!
Preggo Transitional Clothing
I've reached that point in pregnancy where I've pretty much outgrown ALL of pre-pregnancy clothing, but maternity clothing is kind of big. This clearly hit faster than baby 2, and WAY faster than baby 1. lol.
To be honest, I don't really love maternity clothing (actually who does lol?!!). I try to stick to the basics when purchasing maternity clothing: plain cotton tees (LS, Short sleeve, and tanks) that can go with anything, and leggings, and jeans. I try to fill in the rest of my wardrobe with some of my looser clothing that I can still wear when I'm not pregnant (when nursing and beyond). The last two pregnancies it was pretty warm at the last stages of the pregnancy so my wardrobe will be a bit different this time around. I def feel like once Nov/Dec/Jan hits I'm going to be wearing a lot of my maternity jeans, leggings and LS maternity tops with my cardigans. I stocked up on those during the Nordstrom Sale.
I wanted to share some of my fave transitional pieces that you can wear pre, during, post pregnancy. There's nothing worse than shelling out a ton of money for maternity clothes you're only going to wear for a few months. I know for a fact I feel better about myself when I look good, so having some nice transitional pieces that firstly, save money..and aren't frumpy or scream "pregnancy" are super important! Here are some that have been repeat outfit offenders the last month or so!!
1. Free People Aster Henley Tee- This tee comes in a bunch of colors, is on sale, and is a shirt you can wear before and after pregnancy as well. You can front tuck or tie in the front, or if its late stage in pregnancy...wear it just out!
2. THESE JEANS. Wit and Wisdom Absolution. These are a must for anyone who thinks jeans are uncomfortable (read: 90% of the population ha). I ordered these in my regular size and they fit up until now due to the AMAZING elastic band on waist. I've also ordered a pair and sized up so they can fit my whole pregnancy. I'm so excited because these are a pair of jeans that I can honestly say I will wear pre pregnancy, during, and especially postpartum ((y'all feel me on that...lol) The price is also great, and nordys has free shipping and returns! So stretchy and the waistband is GOALS.
3. Leith Ruched Body Con Dress- The dress I was wearing in my post- Honestly I've shown the black color and worn a different color in my photo but this dress is a non-maternity dress and it is so flattering whether you are pregnant or not! I got my regular size, and ordered a size up for the Long Sleeve option when I'll be wearing it in the 3rd trimester. Price is good, and quality is awesome!
4. This "Priscilla" Free People Dress- flowy, boho and cute. The only fail on this is I'm a boy mom and I bought the white. ha.
5. This "Greatest Day" smock dress from Free People that I wore for my pregnancy announcement. I LOVE this dress, the pink is great for summer/spring and the red is awesome paired with a cardi and booties for fall! Super comfy and doesn't scream maternity. Its on sale too!
6. These belted shorts from Shein. I LOVE these! I got so many compliments on them and I can't wait to wear them when I'm not pregnant ha. I love pulling them up over the bump right now and will be great postpartum...and when I've finally lost the baby weight. The price is also great and honestly I've been impressed with the quality..I bought several pairs ha.
7. These Lush tunics are one of the best basics I have. The fit is perfect if you're expecting and comfortable if you're not! They come in a ton of colors, are great for layering or even just wearing on their own out, to work, or to a an event! You can tie them up for a more casual look or front tuck if you're not pregnant. Also they are currently on sale YESSS!
8. I love these Free People January tees. Super cute no matter what phase you're in and preggo friendly. Awesome on its own, tons of color options and also great for layering!
9. Do you see a trend..free people, free people, free people ha! These have been my fave tees over the summer. Def a bit lower cut on the sides so wearing a bralette is prob a good idea..but they are cute with the flutter sleeve and nice and long for pregnancy/or if you are wearing over leggings. Also can be tied if not pregnant! Great staple and awesome price! I have these in a few colors.
Hope you all enjoy and this helps any of you on your fashion journey whatever stage you are in!