I love the month of May- more sunshine, longer days, outside time, and the smell of the spring air. Its also a fun holiday month with Memorial Day at the end of the month kicking off summer and of course, Mothers Day!
Today I'm sharing 3 things I love about being a mom and some gift ideas for your amazing mom! I'm pretty sure we are all highly indebted to our mother's before we are even out of the womb because lets be real: pregnancy isn't for the birds and labor? Yeah, there's no gift or money in the world that can pay someone back for that ish lol. #speakingfromexperience #stillhavePTSD
Then you have the sleepless nights, toddler tantrums, the 80358 messes a day, late night homework sessions, cheauffering to soccer practice...I could go on for hours. Mom's are the real MVP. Bottom line.
When they say being a mom changes everything, you never fully understand what they mean until you actually hold your little one. And even though your life seems to be turned upside down almost instantly in every way possible being a mom is one of the most amazing experiences ever. There are moments that you laugh until your cheeks hurt, and moments where you cry ugly Kim Kardashian tears and think you can't go on another minute. But growing little humans from the lows of the low, to the highs of the highs is the most rewarding job you'll ever do. Here are 3 things that come to mind when I think of what I love about being a mom:
1. Appreciation: I felt like I was pregnant for 40 years, not 40 weeks. Labor was horrible, and my first baby was colic. Within the first 2 weeks of having my first, I was legitimately convinced my mom was some sort of SUPERHERO for having 3 tiny humans. Of course I've always appreciated what my mom has done, but I think until you go through it yourself you never really fully understand. Becoming a mom has completely put a new perspective and appreciation on what my mom has sacrificed for me, and honestly makes me love her even more!
2. Fulfillment: Its funny how before winning soccer games was the "be-all end all" for me, or my workouts would make or break my day. Being a mom has given me such a greater purpose beyond who I am as an individual. Seeing the boys face light up at the smallest things, or teaching them something new is more fulfilling than anything else could ever be! Knowing that I get to help shape their character and impact on the world makes me not sweat the small stuff at work and gives me true purpose.
3. Home: I've heard the saying “Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” This coulden't be more true, and honestly scares me thinking of when the boys gets older and they're on their own.
But at the end of the day, what gives me peace is you'll always be HOME to your children. Where they go for all the basic necessities of life when they're babies: milk, warmth, touch. Where they go when they're toddlers and are shy, are hurt, or want cuddles. And where they'll go for advice, comfort, money(lol), and a home cooked meal when they are off in college. Nothing fills my heart more knowing I'm HOME for my boys.
Alright, back to Mother's Day. Below I've rounded up some great gifts that I think any mom would love at all different price points. And remember, the best gift you can give your mom is your time! Get her a great gift, and spend some time together, and love on her! She deserves it!
1. Ugg slippers: Worth the hype and these are on sale for $65!
2. Barefoot Dreams Cardigan: This cardi is my favorite to wear around the house. So soft but not too bulky or thick. The material is literally dreamy, and its has pockets.
3. I love this Bezel and Bytes Chunky Chain for your Apple Watch. A great alternative to dress up mom's apple watch!
4. Birkenstocks: You guys know how I feel about these! Anyone can pull them off, even if they are just a "casual" sandal, they're so comfortable, mold to your feet and last forever.
5. If your mom is active, the Apple Watch is an awesome gift! That has some amazing features if its in your budget.
6. Lush Bath Bombs are a nice treat for any mom at the end of a long day.
7. The Sprocket is a really unique gift which allows you to print smaller photos from your phone! I love that you can throw these in your wallet, on your fridge or in your office.
8. These Venus Roses are AMAZING. Yes, they are pricy ((super pricy)) but they really do last a year, and the smell is incredible!! Someone has actually bought these for me before, and I loved them! They have every color you can imagine and are a great gift.
9. I know that getting a vacuum isn't a luxurious gift, but for me a gift that makes me more efficient with my time is a WIN. This Dyson is cordless, light, and sucks everything up in sight- Perfect for mom and pet moms! No more lugging around a huge vacuum or a broom. Also, you can use a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond to get it discounted!
10. Yankee candle has super cute personalized candles for Mothers Day. You can pick your scent and add a photo. I think this is a great inexpensive, thoughtful gift for Mother's Day.
11. The Clarisonic Mia is a must have for any woman!
12. This may seem ridiculous, but I've heard these Sonicare Diamond Clean are literally the best toothbrushes ever created. Your teeth are something people see everyday, so this might be worth the splurge for your mom if she's been wanting one. (Again, use the 20% off coupon at BB and beyond)
Hope some of these ideas help! Have a great day everyone!