Hi everyone! Hope you had an awesome holiday with family and friends. I am slowly coming out of my candy coma! As most of you know, I weaned Seb a few weeks ago and I thought it would be perfect timing to start the Advocare 24 day Kick start the day after Easter! I knew I was going to splurge a little and it would be ideal to start the day after!
For those of you who don’t know, I did the Advocare 24 day challenge (what it was called back then, it’s since changed) after Max weaned and I had amazing results. It was definitely really challenging for me from a diet standpoint but honestly it was the best thing that happened to me. It showed me how much my body has changed postpartum and what works for me.. and what doesn’t- not only to feel good, but to look good!
I’ll be sharing a lot of my recipes and what I’m eating over the next 3 weeks but for now I’m going to share 5 tips to being successful in becoming healthier & fitter and that I'll be living by!
1. Commit yourself: This is probably the biggest one of all. You really have to be in the right state mentally and physically. For me, I’m always going to be busy so it’s more of a mental commitment and discipline for me that I need to focus on. If you aren't ready or committed for YOURSELF you won’t be successful.
2. Meal prep: this is almost as important as #1. I usually try to prep all my lunch food at the beginning of the week and it sets me up for success. This includes preparing / having good snacks on hand! Some of my favorites are hard boiled eggs, nuts, protein bars (quest and Rx bars are my favorite) :) If I don't stay on track at lunch, it usually leads me to being overly hungry at nighttime...which is never good. lol.
3. Drink lots of water: enough said! Water is so important to your health and it honestly can curb hunger too!
4. Move more: This might seem super obvious....but its not! I know firsthand how hard it can be to get workouts in with commitments like family, kids, work... I honestly just vow to move more - whether that’s a walk with the kids or parking a little farther away in the parking lot, or standing/ moving at work when I’m on conference calls. I only get to the gym 2-3 days a week so the rest of the week it’s on me to try and get my 10,000 steps a day. That makes a huge difference in your overall wellness! You WILL see more of a difference if you can get workouts in, but know that just moving more and being spot on with your diet will still get you great results!
5. My last piece of advice is one I’ve really lived by when getting my body back after baby #1: you will never remember the moments that you turned down that piece of candy, that piece of pizza, etc. But if you have goals, you will always regret it! Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW and than what you want MOST!!! I honestly cannot tell you one time that I “missed” out on a moment because I said “no” to a food.
Keep in mind, I definitely splurge and live life.. but there are times where you have to be a little more strict to get what you want! That’s just life! If it were easy everyone would be fit.
Have a great day everyone!