HAPPY OCTOBER friends!! Ahhhh! I can’t believe its October already. Part of me is super excited because I love the fall, and of course Thanksgiving and Christmas. BUT the other part is a little bit dreading the upcoming winter!
It has really hit home over the last 8 months how quickly time really does go. It is crazy to think we have such a short window of time with our kids before they grow older, especially when they start going to school. I’m all about creating and making amazing memories with the boys while I can and this fall season is no exception.
I have such fond memories of fall- probably my fondest memory was playing youth soccer & high school soccer in the crisp fall mornings. I’ll never forget the donuts and cider after my practices on Saturday mornings. Seeing those things in the store brings back so many nostalgic memories. I basically have to tie my hands together to not buy donut holes every time I’m there …haha!
My oldest son is SO excited about carving a pumpkin and FALL everything this year and it just makes me love it even more. Experiencing this season through his eyes is so much fun. I made a little list of things that I want to try and do over the next 8 weeks or so (some we have already done!) to enjoy every minute that we have! Keep in mind…I will by no means be killing myself to “check everything off” this list. I think having a list is a great way to organize time & plan, but I make sure I don’t stress out about it!
Fall Bucket List
1. Go pick apples
2. Jump in a pile of leaves
3. Go to a farm
4. Go for a walk on a nature trail
5. Attend A local Oktoberfest
6. Go Pumpkin Picking
7. Go on a hay ride
8. Carve a pumpkin
9. Go to a corn maze
10. Take a long bike ride on a trail/path
11. Make a leaf collage with your kids
12. Actually dress up for Halloween
13. Paint a pumpkin
14. Cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie
15. Decorate your porch for the fall holidays
16. Head to your local farmers market
17. Make pumpkin bread
18. Open the windows and let the crisp fall air set in
19. Head out on a walk every day and enjoy nature around you
20. Go trick-or-treating
21. Bake cookies
22. Make a homemade soup in the crockpot
23. Go to the library and take out Halloween books
24. Bake a pie
25. Go camping…or just make a bonfire!
26. Take a nature hike
27. Have a cider donut
28. Drink Hot apple cider
29. Watch or attend a football game
30. Take a day trip to see some fall foliage in the country
31. Play soccer/Go to a soccer game
What are your favorite Fall traditions and pastimes?